Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Promise in the Water

Did I know what lie betwixt these hands as I strode back to the motherland?
Did I come back here to set things right as I stumbled through the frozen night?
Oh, it came to me in waking dream--hearing timbers shake with quaking scream.
The falseness dwelt deep within my heart; watching bone and tissue torn apart.
The walnut branch, he did present to me--A teardrop fossilized in fallen tree.
Crystallization propped upon my skull; the bees to drone, and the fog to lull.

Where I lay, drink this nectar swiftly,
Should fortune favor, the dawn comes quickly.
Grass for your pillow and stars for your shawl.
I do not have the wherewithal.

What sweet resin carried in my sash; those hands to wave, and your tongue to lash.
Don't forsake me now, my somber love--this wisdom shines down from above.
And deep within the heart of oak, the branches bow for leaves to soak.
Into this river where I pray with you, we pull apart this mental glue.
New softness where once I was adamant; that ancient vow, now to recant.
And sure enough this resin does dissolve as we deeply strengthen our resolve.


~t

2 comments: