Friday, June 29, 2012


The State of Things

Well this mountain is crumblin';
I got my snowshoes on,
And my predecessor's fumblin'.
I gotta catch 'em as I fall.
It ain't enough to be bloody,
You gotta scrape to the bone,
While the doctor needs his money.
What a predatory wall...


Well the smokestacks keep spewin’;
They’re coughin’ up a lung.
This degradation’s fuelin’,
All the ones that we call young.
Pills poppin’, get to chewin’--
They work faster that way.
Sublimental creepin’ stipend,
That the fearful force to pay.

Well this river’s runnin’ crimson;
I’ve been drinking from the mouth.
Choking on this indecision,
Seein’ things are headin’ south.
Now, when will we learn this lesson;
I try to fill this empty cup.
Delete these tyrants from my vision,
Bat an eye and sober up.

Cut the act, now, little child;
Reach to soul and sing it loud.
Sedate this noise pollution.
Kill corruption--do us proud.

1 comment: